If you don’t know your RAM from your megapixels, students from the South Wiltshire UTC are on hand with their top Christmas present picks.
Salisbury’s University Technical College specialises in STEM subjects; science, technology, engineering and maths, so the students know their techie stuff. Here’s their top tech present guide.
1) Smart home speakers: multi room audio with top quality sound. Depending on your budget you could spend from £50 up to more than £300.
2) Voice assistants are clever little devices here to stay and gaining popularity with all members of the family. Not only can you listen to music or the news, but you can ask it questions, and even use it to set your heating. They cost from £90 upwards.
3) Coding Kits: Coding is the latest buzzword in education and there’s a variety of kits and games out there for all ages. They range in price from £20 up to £150.
4) Luxury camera. Do you know someone who loves taking snaps on their mobile to upload to social media sites? Maybe they need something a bit more professional as they become more proficient? A luxury camera will start from about £200.
5) Drone: In just a few years, drones have transformed from a toy for geeks to a mainstream piece of kit. The market is saturated with them now and they’re available from under £100 upwards.
6) Fitness tracker: If your New Year resolution is to get fit you may want to try one of the many fitness trackers and watches on the market. They range from ones that track your steps to all singing and dancing ones but it may just come down to how much you want to spend.
7) Noise cancelling headphones: If you, or a music lover in your family, wants nothing to distract them from listening to their favourite tunes then some noise cancelling headphones could be a perfect Christmas gift. You can choose wireless, over the ear, or in the ear and prices range from under £100 up to £300.
8) Action camcorder: Small, lightweight, portable and sometimes waterproof, a camcorder could be an excellent present for someone in your family who loves action; whether on their skateboard, bike or surfboard. Ranging in price from £50 up to £300.
Pictured above: Max Humpreys, Eleanor-Josephine Adamson and Nathan Baker, three of the UTC students giving their top tech gift advice this Christmas.