Wilton History Festival is back for its second year, with talks and events. Running from September 15 to 22, it has Academic papers, children’s bedtime stories,-and a guided walk through Wilton’s darker history!
No tickets are required! Unless otherwise stated, all events are free, donations invited at each event. Proceeds go to local charities.
Event seating is allocated first-come, first-served. All details: wiltonhistoryfestival.org.uk/
- St Edith’s Fayre
- Simon Forman: “The St Thomas’ Church Alchemist?”
(Please note: £2 charge for non – members of Wilton Historical Society)
- Bedtime story: a History Festival special
- Lines and Life: George Herbert poetry and music evening
- Writing Wilton: authors panel
- Heritage Open Day at Wilton Council Chambers
‘Dark Wilton’ guided walk
- Wilton History Festival Symposium
- Unveiling of the Blue Plaque commemorating Edith Olivier
SUNDAY 22nd – WILD WILTON
- Talks and a guided walk with Wilton Wildlife Group
- ‘The Flowers of Mary ‘ – Old St Mary’s church open day