This week from Talk Eat Laugh we have Cassoulet. An easy, filling, cheap and healthy family meal.
45 minutes cooking time, serves four.
What you need:
150g streaky bacon OR 3 sausages
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon oil
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 stock cube
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, soak the lentils in 2 cups of boiling water.
2. Cut the bacon into small bits with scissors or de-skin the sausages and make 6 mini sausages.
3. Fry the onion in the oil in the frying pan, stirring until soft. Add the bacon or sausages and carrot and continue to stir.
4. Sieve or drain the lentils and add them to the pan. Add 2/3 of the stock cube and the tin of tomatoes then use the tin to add a further tin and a half of hot water (tin will be hot!).
5. Turn the pan down to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Put the quinoa and the rest of the stock cube into a small saucepan and add 600ml of boiling water. Stir well then turn to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Serves 4 people.