Sampson Coward

How to begin divorce proceedings

To begin divorce proceedings, the parties have to be married for at least a year. The court must then have jurisdiction to deal with the divorce based on where the parties to the marriage live and the marriage must have irretrievably broken down. Either one of the...

read more

Law firm tops the table

The Law Society’s management quality mark has been awarded to Sampson Coward. The firm won re-accreditation for Lexcel, the society’s quality mark for excellence in legal practice management and client care, developed specifically for the legal profession. It is an...

read more

Employment law

By David Coward, Head of Employment Law The Equality Act 2010 imposes a duty on employers to make reasonable adjustments to help disabled job applicants, employees and former employees. The duty arises where a disabled person is placed at a substantial disadvantage by...

read more

Broken relationship can be sorted

"My relationship has broken down: what steps do I need to take?" At such a difficult time, it is essential to take advice from an experienced family law solicitor, able to give you advice tailored to your particular circumstances. If you are married, you will need to...

read more

Property owners are prime tax targets

Inheritance tax (IHT) is an extremely unpopular tax no longer only affecting the very wealthy. The rise in property value makes anyone who owns a home a prime target for the taxman on death. When you die, if you own assets worth over £325,000 (current nil rate...

read more

Flexible working requests ‘more common’

From my perspective as an employment law solicitor, requests for flexible working seem to be increasingly common. Originally, the right to request flexible working was limited to parents of young children. But, it is now the right of all employees employed for at...

read more

Pin It on Pinterest