ROLE: DONOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full Time
Application closes:March 19
The Gurkha Welfare Trust is looking to recruit a Donor Relationship Manager to join their Fundraising team. The main purpose of this role is to secure funds by building relationships with existing and prospective major donors who support the Trust.
We are looking for a self-confident, personable, self-motivated, persistent individual with well-developed communication skills who could come from the charity or commercial sector. Experience in a sales role would be an advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: This role’s primary responsibilities will be as follows:
* Manage the relationships of a group of major donors who support the Trust.
* Increase the number of individuals on the caseload by identifying new prospects on the database and applying the in-house qualification process to assess their propensity to give and determine their preferences.
* Create a communication and management strategy for each individual major donor on your caseload based upon the donor’s history and your assessment of their potential.
* Working with colleagues in other departments and in Nepal, create proposals and cases for support that will be sent to donors on the caseload to secure gifts. Create progress and completion reports for donors funding specific projects.
* Work closely with the Major Donor Manager to ensure that supporter records are kept up to date. Provide administrative support to the Major Donor Manager as and when required.
* Ensure that all donations are thanked appropriately within a 24-hour timescale.
* Speak to major donors on the phone on a regular basis and to develop innovative ‘touchpoint’ communications in order to keep MDs motivated and interested.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
* The ability to express themself clearly in all situations
* A confident, positive, enthusiastic and conscientious attitude
* Emotional perception, natural curiosity, conversation skills and a sense of humour
* An eye for detail and strong, systematic organisational skills
* Experience working with a relationship management database or similar
* Having managed budgets and worked to KPIs in a previous role the ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Being able to work closely and supportively with the Major Donor Manager as well as other members of the fundraising team
* A clean driving license and be able to spend some nights away from home
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
HR, The Gurkha Welfare Trust, PO Box 2170, 22 Queen Street, Salisbury, SP2 2EX
Interviews will take place in Salisbury on March 27 2018. T: 01722 323 955 E: email@example.com