Highways England is carrying out bridge refurbishment A303 Thruxton and Andover, Hampshire for the coming weeks.
Work to improve journeys by refurbishing the bridges that carry the A303 over local roads near Thruxton and at Picket Twenty continues this week, with narrow lanes and a 50mph speed limit on both carriageways until January 2018. In addition, lane closures overnight, operate between 9pm and 6am (Monday to Friday only). A303 Bullington to Popham, Hampshire: drainage
Drainage work along the A303 also starts this week, with lane closures on the east and westbound carriageways overnight, between 9pm and 6am, from Monday, August 14, for four months (Monday to Friday only).
Safety at roadworks
Highways England reminds drivers about observing safety of road workers and road users, when approaching roadworks:
- Keep within the speed limit – it is there for your safety.
- Get into the correct lane in good time – don’t keep switching.
- Concentrate on the road ahead, not the roadworks.
- Be alert for works traffic leaving or entering roadworks.
- Keep a safe distance – there could be queues in front.
- Observe all signs – they are there to help you.
Be alert for road workers, the roads are their workplace.